AAPG's Distinguished Lecture program will
be going global in February as two speakers begin international
Paul Crevello, this year's Roy M. Huffington Distinguished
Lecturer, will be making a speaking tour of Australia and New Zealand,
and Paul "Mitch" Harris will tour the Middle East.
Crevello, of Crevello & Associates, Luala Belair,
Brunei, will be offering two lectures:
- "Carbonate Reservoir Models: Coupling Depositional Sequence
and Pore Network Models in Static 3-D Realizations."
- "Turbidite and Deepwater Depositional Systems of Borneo: Evolving
Foredeep Slope and Basin-Floor Fan Systems."
- Crevello, who begins his tour Feb. 5, will be speaking in Perth,
Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, Australia; and Wellington,
Harris, with Chevron Petroleum Technology, Houston, also will be
offering two lectures:
- "Geologic Framework for the Tengiz and Korolev Fields, Kazakhstan
-- Carboniferous Isolated Carbonate Platforms."
- "Stratigraphic Framework and New Exploration Concepts for the
Lower Shelf Margin Cretaceous Carbonates of Texas."
His 10-day tour, which begins Feb. 14, will go to
Ankara, Turkey; Cairo, Egypt; Dhahran, Saudi Arabia; the United
Arab Emirates; and Oman, Muscat.