Download Flyer including registration form.
Formation Evaluation of Thinly-Bedded Reservoirs
- INSTRUCTOR :
- Quinn Passey, ExxonMobil, Houston, TX
- February 13, 2013
- Norris Conference Center, City Centre, Houston, Texas
(if purchased individually)
Registration for the entire week is $1,795 for members, $2,095 nonmembers. Goes up to $1995/$2295, and/or individual course prices increase by $50/course day on 1/14/2013. Includes refreshments and buffet lunch each day in addition to course notes.
No refunds for cancellations after 1/14/2013.
- .75 CEU What is a CEU?
Who Should Attend
Reservoir geologists, Petrophysicists, Log Analysts, Exploration Managers, Reservoir Engineers, and Geologic Modelers interested in an overview of the issues and techniques associated with thin beds. Some basic acquaintance with well logging and log-based formation evaluation techniques will be beneficial.
At the end of the course, participants will know how to use well logs to calculate hydrocarbon pore volume in thinly bedded clastic reservoirs, and have a practical overview of the issues, uncertainties, technical methods, and a systematic approach to solutions.
Key Topics will include:
- Definitions and Geological Occurrence of Thin Beds
- Identification of Thin Beds using Well Data
- Characterizing Thin Beds with Cores and Images
- Petrophysical Properties of Thinly Bedded Formations
- Modeling Log Responses in Thinly Bedded Reservoirs
- High-resolution Techniques
- Low-resolution Techniques
Course notes will be the AAPG book, Archie Series No. 1 – Petrophysical Evaluation of Hydrocarbon Pore-Thickness in Thinly Bedded Clastic Reservoirs. A few additional exercises are planned, but otherwise the AAPG book will include the text and figures shown in class.