Download Flyer including registration form.
Interpretation of Three-Dimensional Seismic Data
- INSTRUCTOR :
- Alistair Brown, Consultant, Dallas, TX
- February 14 - 15, 2013
- Norris Conference Center, City Centre Location, Houston, Texas
(if purchased individually)
Registration for the entire week is $1,795 for members, $2,095 nonmembers. Goes up to $1995/$2295, and/or individual course prices increase by $50/course day on 1/14/2013. Course notes, refreshments and lunch buffet included.
No refunds for cancellations after 1/14/2013.
- 1.5 CEU What is a CEU?
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for geologists and geophysicists who use seismic data and who want to extract the maximum amount of subsurface information from it. This course covers the principles and practices of interpretation and not workstation operation.
On completion of the course attendees will be able to realize more value from their seismic data.
This course is designed to show how much geologic information typically resides in seismic data and how to effectively extract it. The special displays available on modern workstations, such as time slices and horizon slices, are explained. The balance between geology and geophysics is emphasized.
Topics will include:
- Data Understanding: nature of reflections, wavelength, resolution, the two limits, wavelets, clipping, footprint, color, data phase, data polarity.
- Structural interpretation: time slices, visualization, coherence, auto-tracking, horizon attributes, structural detail.
- Stratigraphic interpretation: amplitude, characteristic shapes, horizon slices, channels, bars & levees, windowed amplitude.
- Reservoir identification and evaluation: hydrocarbon phenomena, characteristics of reservoir reflections, reservoir limits, composite amplitude, net pay, porosity, pore volume.