Some Visiting Geoscientists are restricted in their travel. After their name is listed the states in which they are able to travel. Also included is a small paragraph about the VG and possible title for their talk as well as topics they can elaborate on.
Canada, Western United States
Researcher and consultant based in Vancouver. Has 30 years experience as exploration geoscientist and business developer. Worked for Amoseas and Amoco and recently associated with Edinburgh and British Columbia universities. Current focus is on ways for geoscience educators, in cooperation with employers, to make improvements in geoscience education process.
Possible Titles of Talk:
- The Geoscientific, Technical and Soft Skills that Energy Companies Want Their Employees to Possess
- Career Planning Return to Titles
Petroleum geologist with U.S.G.S. since 1983, Lakewood, Colorado. Previously uranium exploration geologist with Nuclear Assurance Corp. Research includes petroleum system assessment of foreland basins, thermal maturity of hydrocarbon source rocks, reservoir characterization, and 2D and 3D computer modeling.
Possible Titles of Talk:
- Petroleum Systems of the Putumayo-Oriente-Maranon Basin, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru
- Reservoir Geologic, Geochemical and Engineering Characteristics of the Wattenberg Basin-Center Gas Field, Colorado
- Material Balance Assessment of the New Albany Shale Petroleum System, Illinois Basin
- 3D Reservoir Characterization of the Upper Cretaceous Sussex B Sandstone, Powder River Basin
- 4-D Petroleum System Model of the Western Canada Sedimentary Basin; What it shows of the history of the basin Return to Titles
TOPJohn R. Hogg
Based in Calgary. Vice President, Atlantic Canada Offshore and New Ventures Exploration Business Unit with EnCana Corporation. Vice Chair Visiting Geoscientist Program Committee. Has 21 years of experience in exploration. Interested in stratigraphy and sedimentology with clastic sequences and interpretation of 2D and 3D seismic for exploration and development applications. Formerly AAPG Advisory Council Member and past Chair AAPG House of Delegates.
Possible Title of Talk:
Oil and Gas Exploration in Atlantic Canada Why a Young Geologist Needs to be a Well-Rounded Geoscientist Return to Titles
Suggested Speaking Topics:
- Offshore Oil and Gas Exploration
- Why a Geology Student needs a well rounded Degree
- Deepwater Exploration - Why the costs are so high