Release and Indemnities For Field Seminars:
Prior to departure the field seminar leader will expect you to sign the release and indemnities agreement. All participants of field seminars will be required to sign the agreement.
Please register early, as some classes fill up quickly. Please check with the AAPG Education Department for availability of openings if less than 30 days prior to the start of the course in which you're interested. Positions in the course cannot be guaranteed until the $50 deposit has been received.
The American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) does not endorse or recommend any products or services that may be cited, used or discussed in AAPG publications or in presentations at events associated with AAPG.
Download Registration Form
For your convenience we have included a PDF of the registration form for AAPG courses and field seminars. You may also call AAPG and register.
- Download Print Only Form (print, complete by hand, return to AAPG)
- Download PDF Form (complete on your computer, print, return to AAPG)
To utilize either of these forms you'll need a PDF reader. One is available free through Adobe Systems.
For Short Courses, Field Courses and Field Seminars:
- Mail completed form with full tuition, or $50 deposit to cover processing fee, to the AAPG Education Department.
- Full tuition is due 4 weeks prior to commencement of course.
- Full tuition is due 6 weeks prior to all international courses.
- No photographing or recording of sessions will be permitted.
- Unless otherwise noted, tuitions are shown in U.S. dollars.
Canadian Government regulations require that participants who attend AAPG courses in Canada pay 7% Goods and Service Tax (GST). This has been included in the tuitions.
AAPG will refund the tuition, if request is received no later than 4 weeks prior to the course. Cancellation requests for International courses must be made no later than 6 weeks prior to the course. Cancellation must be made in writing; the registrar will accept cancellation notices by telephone, or fax, but all such notices must be followed up by mail. No refund will be made for cancellations received less than 4 weeks (or 6 weeks on International courses) prior to a course being given. Nonpayment of tuition does not constitute automatic cancellation. If no cancellation notice is received by 4 weeks (or 6 weeks on International courses) prior to course, participant is liable for full tuition. AAPG reserves the right to cancel a course if enrollment is insufficient to ensure proper effectiveness; in such cases, full refunds will be given. Substitutions for individuals can be made at any time. A paid enrollment may be transferred one time to a future course if the request is received prior to the 4 or 6 week cut-off period.
U.S. Tax Deduction
The general rule is that a taxpayer can deduct, as ordinary and necessary business expenses, expenses for education undertaken for the purpose of:
(1) maintaining or improving skills required in his employment or other trade or business,
(2) meeting the express requirements of his employer, or the requirement of applicable law or regulations imposed as a condition to the retention by the taxpayer of an established employment relationship, status, or rate of compensation.
Check with your tax advisor for further information.