Petroleum Exploration & Production: An Online Overview
- Norman J. Hyne, The University of Tulsa, Tulsa, OK
- INSTRUCTOR LOOKUP
- Ongoing, self-paced course
Upon registration, each student will receive a login and password, good for 30 days of anytime, anywhere access. Your computer will need to have Internet access and be able to run QuickTime, Flash and Java Runtime. Certificate of Completion, a geological time card and a reference handbook are also included.
Please Note - if paying with a check, please make check payable to University of Tulsa, CESE
- 99 people
- - What is a CEU?
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for anyone needing an overall perspective of Petroleum Exploration, drilling, and production in order to become more knowledgeable and productive in your job. This will include, but not be limited to: new employees, Administrative Assistants, Landmen, Accountants, Managers, Marketing/Sales Personnel, Attorneys, Finance Personnel, Geotechs, etc.
This online course provides an overview of the petroleum industry from what is natural gas and crude oil to how to explore, drill, and produce oil and gas. It is a technical program presented on a non-technical level, through audio visuals, graphics, texts and examples. No previous technical training is necessary to take this course.
This program offers a perspective of the industry that will lead to increased job productivitiy. It is designed for anyone who works directly or indirectly with the petroleum industry and who is not a petroleum geologist or petroleum engineer.
The course is designed to provide individuals and companies with an easily accessible training tool that can be used to educate interns and employees on the language and processes of the oil and gas industry. In addition, we want to provide participants with an interactive, flexible and exciting way to learn.
- The Nature of Oil & Gas
- The Earth's Crust -- Where We Find Oil and Gas
- Generation, Migration and Accumulation of Petroleum
- Deformation of Sedimentary Rocks
- Petroleum Traps
- Petroleum Exploration; Seismic Exploration
- Drilling Preliminaries; Drilling a Well; Drilling Problems and Techniques
- Testing a Well; Completing a Well
- Offshort Exploration and Production
- Petroleum Production
- Narrated by Norm Hyne - his enthusiasm of this topic will keep your interest!
- Animated illustrations
- Easy to navigate your way thru the course
- Designed in short segments making it easy to stop after each section. Or you can finish the course all at once. You make the decision based on your schedule.
- Turn the audio on or off any time throughout the course.
- Highly interactive
- Immediate feedback exercises
- Glossary of terms provided with the click of a mouse
- Links to additional invormation on the web
- Picture allery of various subjects
Your computer will need to have the following:
- Internet access (Internet Explorer or Netscape)
- QuickTime: www.quicktime.com,
- Flash: www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/, and
- Java Runtime www.java.com
Please Note: Online Registration not available for this course through AAPG. Please contact AAPG Education Department directly at (918) 560-2650 or email@example.com for registration instructions.
Or you can also download the registration form here.