The Marcellus Shale Revealed with Full Azimuth 3D Multi-Component Seismic Data - An AAPG E-Symposium
(post-event materials available - asynchronous recording of original presentation)
- Tony Rebec, Geokinetics, Houston, TX
- INSTRUCTOR LOOKUP
- Ongoing, self-paced course
SIGN UP NOW
Recording of original webinar, packet of independent study reading materials, PDF of original PowerPoint presentation by FTP download. (Original presentation date: November 3, 2011.) Some materials will also sent by e-mail. Expanded package for CEU credit is $100 for AAPG members, and $145 for non-members. Special Student Pricing: $25 for Webinar only; $35 for Expanded package.
- 200 people
- 1.0 What is a CEU?
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is involved in U.S. shale plays may benefit from this webinar.
This presentation demonstrates how 3D seismic data will contribute significantly to the understanding of the Marcellus. Geophysical analysis and evaluation, although in the early stages, look very promising for optimizing well locations.
- Introduction to the Marcellus Shale/data
- Vertical Calibration & Resolution
- Spatial Resolution & Geometric Attributes
- Anisotropic/Rock Property Attributes
- Density and Orientation of Micro-fractures
- Physical Basis
- Velocities dependence on fractures’ direction
- Velocity Ellipse
- Difference between fast and slow velocities (anisotropy) is a measure of fracture density
- Elliptical Inversion (EI) to estimate anisotropy
Structure of the E-Symposium
Each e-symposium consists of one-hour live e-symposium, along with material for one full day of independent study. The live portion will be followed by a full day of independent study (not a live event). The one-hour live e-symposium can be accessed from any computer anywhere in the world using a high-speed internet connection. After the event is over, you will receive via email information about accessing the asynchronous segment (not live) which consists of your independent study materials, to be accessed and studied at any time. You will be able to email responses to the readings, along with your study question answers for CEU credit (if you sign up for the extended package).