Download Flyer including registration form.
|AAPG Members||$1,795||$1,995||Non Members||$2,095||$2,295|
Horizontal Well Stimulations in Tight & Unconventional Formations
- INSTRUCTOR :
- Larry K. Britt, Britt Rock Mechanics Laboratory, Grove, OK
- October 14 - 15, 2013
- Norris Conference Center, City Centre Location, Houston, Texas
(if purchased individually)
Registration for the entire week is $1,795 for members, $2,095 nonmembers. Goes up to $1995/$2295, and/or individual course prices increase by $50/course day on 9/16/2013. Course notes, refreshments and lunch buffet included.
No refunds for cancellations after 9/16/2013
- 1.5 CEU What is a CEU?
Who Should Attend
This course will be helpful for Geoscientists and Engineers with an interest in the completion and stimulations of horizontal wells in tight and unconventional reservoirs.
Attendees in this course will:
- Develop an appreciation for how the mineralogy, rock mechanics, geomechanics, and permeability influence the completion and stimulations in horizontal wells.
- Learn about the effects and importance of the stress state, well azimuth, and well deviation on the fracture design and execution.
- Better understand risks and risk mitigation strategies in horizontal well completions and stimulations.
(More details coming soon!)
Topics will include:
- It’s the rocks (mineralogy, rock mechanics, and geomechanics)
- Permeability is King
- Establishing horizontal well objectives
- Stress state
- Fracture interference
- Horizontal well diagnostics
- Fracture stimulation design for horizontal wells