2011-12 Tour Information
Eastern North America:
April 9-20, 2012
Western North America:
POSTPONED: watch here for details
GO TO: Abstract 1 | Abstract 2
Dale A. Leckie, PhD, P.Geol.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Dale Leckie is Chief Geologist at Nexen Inc. based in Calgary. After receiving a B.Sc. from University of Alberta and an M Sc. and Ph.D. from McMaster University he started his career at Petro-Canada Resources Ltd. and then went to the Geological Survey of Canada. He has been at Nexen Inc. since 1998. Dale is a specialist in petroleum geology, focusing on sedimentology, marine and non-marine sequence stratigraphy and unconventional hydrocarbons.
Dale was President of SEPM in 2008/2009. He has published more than 100 refereed papers and more than 200 abstracts and talks. He has received numerous awards including:
- AAPG Distinguished Lecturer (1996/96),
- Robert H. Dott, Sr., Memorial Award for Best Special Publication published by AAPG (1993);
- SEPM (Society of Sedimentology Geology) Distinguished Lecturer (1996),
- SEPM Honorable Mention for Excellence of Oral Presentation (1994),
- Honorable Mention for Excellence of Poster Presentation (1994, 1999).
- CSPG Distinguished Lecturer (1986),
- CSPG Presidents Award (1988),
- CSPG Medal of Merit (1987) for best paper in Canadian Petroleum Geology,
- CSPG Link Award (1996/97) for best oral presentation.
In 1990, he was awarded the American Association of Stratigraphic Palynologists Unocal Best Geological Applications Award (October, 1990).
Dale has co-edited five books for the AAPG, SEPM, and CSPG, most recently a special publication by the CSPG on Shale Gas of the Horn River Basin.