Unlike many workshops that focus on new technologies for doing “this” or “that,” this workshop on Decision Based Integrated Modeling (DBM) is going to focus on “doing the right thing” for the “right reasons.”
The workshop provides a new look at the commonly used process of creating static and dynamic models. In most cases modeling studies take longer than planned, consume more resources than planned (i.e. greater cost) and sometimes fail to address they key issues of a project in a proper manner. Often we build static and dynamic models because this "seems to be what everyone is doing," without properly considering the key issues and implications to the project. In DBM the approach is to understand the key issues first and then design a custom made technical work process to address these issues.
- What is DBM and Why Do We Need to Do it?
- DBM Process Planning Event (I) – How to Conduct Them?
- DBM Process Planning Event (II) – Technical Workflows
- Case Studies
- Close Out Session
Learn more ...
Reservoir Scales and Heterogeneities and their Impact on Project Decisions
- Date: 27-28 October 2017
- Location: Northern Huqf Gharif Formation (Clastics)
- Registration Fee: $1500 (includes transportation, all F&B and camping equipment)
- Registration Deadline: 11 October 2017
Learn more ...
Call For Posters Ends on 24 September 2017
You are invited to prepare a poster display for presentation. Posters should be focused on the one of the following topics:
- What is DBM and why do we need to do it?
- DBM Process Planning Event — How to Conduct them.
- DBM Process Planning Event — Technical Workflows.
The posters will be on display throughout the workshop however there will also be a dedicated session for authors to discuss their posters with the attendees.
If you are interested in participating, please send a short abstract along with the poster artwork (in JPEG or PDF high resolution format) by 24 September 2017. Review poster requirements.