Technical Advisory Committee
Technical Advisory Committee (TechAd) will provide information to AAPG technical program committees on current technical trends and topics in petroleum geoscience and related disciplines. The committee will recommend resources for development of AAPG programs, including recommendations of volunteers such as speakers and technical program session chairs. In addition the Technical Advisory Committee will be asked from time to time to provide technical information and resources to various other AAPG committees, such as the Distinguished Lecturer and Research committees.
- Submit committee goals and associated metrics for measuring attainment to Committee Coordinator at the start of each fiscal year (July 1).
- Review committee mission statement annually and recommend revisions to EC, as needed.
- Consider large scope projects that may require Foundation funding or fundraising. Do not allow current budget to limit future ideas or recommendations.
- Meet with committee at least once, but preferably twice per year in person. Consider multiple web cast or telephonic meetings.
- Provide written report at year-end to Committee Coordinator and staff liaison.
- Recruit and maintain diverse, active committee membership.
- As appropriate to each committee, chairs are encouraged to invite members who have not been previously active in AAPG to join the committee. Young members should be especially sought.
- Members from various Sections and Regions, as appropriate.
- At the end of fiscal year (June 30) replace non-performing members.
- Appoint at least one vice-chair. Assign duties to vice-chair to prepare them for potential future recommendation for chair.
- Run meetings efficiently
- Focus discussions and encourage input from all members.
- Reserve time in meeting to achieve conclusions, prepare recommendations, and delegate tasks.
- Delegate responsibilities to all committee members. Lead the group.
- Submit annual budget request through AAPG staff liaison. Staff will add estimated staff expenses and headquarters overhead to annual committee budget and submit to EC.
|EC Liaision||Larry Jones||Ernie Mancini|
|Comm. Coordinator||Dan Smith||Bill Morgan|
Laura Wray & Donna Anderson
|Graduated Dues (ah)
To Be Determined
|Prof. Women (ah)
Bret Fossum &