Research Committee June 6, 7:00-10:00 pm Denver, Colorado (annual meeting) Report / Action Items
- Mancini to Edit Bulletin 04-07
- Our Chair, Ernie Mancini, has just been elected editor for AAPG. Congratulations!
- Ernest A. Mancini, Editor
- Term: 2004-07
- AAPG officers will take office on July 1, 2004,
- Steve Laubach is Chairman Elect
- This apointment is subject to the approval and confirmation of the President of AAPG.
- Report for 2004 Research Committee Meeting
- The minutes of the 2004 meeting and the formal report of the committee for 2004 are posted:
- The 2004 RDRG Report is also posted [ Report page ]
- Agenda for 2004 Research Committee Meeting
- Ernie Mancini reports that our 2004 meeting will be held in the Reverchon AB Room of the Hyatt Regency Dallas on April 17 (Saturday) from 7:00 to 10:00 pm. The draft agenda for the meeting was mailed to members on February 23rd. See you all in Dallas. Postmeeting Update: Once again the challenges facing Hedberg Research conferences dominated the discussion. These challenges are affecting both the pipeline of Hedberg proposals and meetings and the conversion of successful research meetings into AAPG publications. A full report will be posted here shortly.
- Reservoir Deformation Research Group
- During the Annual Meeting in Dallas, this year's RDRG evening session (Tuesday, April 20, 7 pm) will feature a talk by David Gray of Veritas, Calgary, entitled: Fracture Detection using 3D Seismic by David Gray and D. Todorovic-Marinic. Meeting location: Hyatt Reunion, in Reunion E.
Postmeeting Update: Once again our RDRG group held a successful meeting. An unofficial count of the house showed an attendance of over 70 individuals. Once again, participants include many of the leaders in structural geology attending the annual convention. A full report will be posted on the Research Group page.
- Austin Structural Diagenesis Hedberg
- The Hedberg Research Conference on Structural Diagenesis produced spirited discussions and, potentially, new insights into how to understand linked chemical and mechanical processes in deep burial settings. The conveners have provided a brief summary of the meeting. A longer report is in preparation.
- New Research Group Links Page
- Added to the Research Committee page. A service for disciplinary research groups sponsored by the Research Committee. See the page, and propose a link.
- Subcommittee Links Page
- New Hedberg Proposals
- Are being sent and reviewed via e-mail. Contact Paul or Debbi Boonstra if you have not been recieving documents to review. See the Hedberg page for submitted meeting titles.
- 2003 Research Committee Meeting
- Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 7:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. - Audubon Room, Grand America Hotel 2003 Annual Convention
Salt Lake City
Agenda (PDF) June 5 the minutes for this meeting have been posted in Reports
- Structure of Hedberg Research Conferences in Spotlight
- The 2003 Research Committee meeting will feature a discussion of possible new ways to organize Hedberg Research Conferences. A history of Hedberg and AAPG Research Meetings is posted on this site to help guide discussion. See the Hedberg page.
- 2003 RDRG to feature Discussion of Structural Uncertainty
- Don Medwedeff is chairing the RDRG session and Jim Evans is co-chair. Pierre Thore will make a presentation to kick off the discussion. A related technical session will be chaired by Peter Vrolijk, Steve Davis, and Don Medwedeff.
- As usual, all of the AAPG Research Committee Research Groups will meet on the Tuesday evening of the convention. RDRG location:
- Riviera Rm at the Grand America Hotel from 7-10 pm
- 13 MAY 2003, SALT LAKE CITY
- Contact Peter Hennings if you have questions about the RDRG.
- Preliminary agenda.
- 2003 Unconventional Group
- Planning is underway for the 2003 Unconventional Resources discussion meeting on the Tuesday evening of the convention.
- The topic this year is Unconventional Oil.
- Contact Ben Law for more information.