Ideas and suggestions in regards to the Corporate Advisory Board are welcome.
Robert N. Ryan, Jr. , Chairman
Corporate Advisory Board
The Corporate Advisory Board of AAPG advises the AAPG leadership on matters of strategy and direction when it comes to AAPG's activities and plans for the future. It is comprised of senior members of the industry representing AAPG's membership via major oil companies, independents, service companies, internationally based and national oil companies. The board meets twice per year, once at the AAPG Annual Conference and once in the fall, usually in Houston. Teleconferences are held as needed.
The Corporate Advisory Board will be advising the AAPG Executive Committee and appropriate AAPG committees and members on:
- Current trends and future issues in the energy, environmental, and minerals industry
- Energy security/oil and gas supply
- Best environmental and safety practices in exploration (incl. drilling)
- Growth of AAPG membership
- Long-term funding models for AAPG
- Mobilization of corporate resources
- Recruitment of new members and retention of existing AAPG members among corporate staff
- New Products and Services (e.g. educational programs, publications, APPEX)
- The changing role of geologists in industry and society
- Representation of the geological professions and AAPG before legislative/regulatory bodies, key influences and the public
- Reputation of the geological professions and AAPG
- Educational needs (school, university and life-long learning, e-learning0
- General direction (locations and overall content) of AAPG Conventions, International and Regional meetings, Hedberg Conferences, Distinguished Lecturers and Visiting Geologists programs
- General themes for Special Publication
- Physical security of facilities
The Corporate Advisory Board will at all times co-operate with appropriate AAPG committees and keep them and the Committee on Committees informed through its website, newsletters, agendas and minutes.
The Board will shape and update this mission statement as needed.