Global Climate Change Profile
Committee Custom Web Page Committee Web page maintained by committee members with support by AAPG staff. Includes links to reports and other information.
The committee's main charge is to promote and facilitate various fields of geologic study that relate to global climate change and potential solutions. Means of accomplishing the mission are:
- Communicate timely information on the topic to members and the public. The communication forums will ideally be the AAPG website, DEG Bulletin, and possibly Explorer.
- Provide technical content in the forms of: technical programs at meetings, special publications, and DEG Journal articles.
- Recommend updates for AAPG's position paper to Executive Committee.
- Monitor an ongoing AAPG web forum on global climate change and potential solutions.
- Determine topics for FAQ's and write the discussion with references.