Rafael Nunez International Airport
St. 71 3-89, Crespo.
Cartagena, Bolivar Colombia
Tel: +57 5 656 9200
The Airport is located in Crespo, part of the Caribbean coastal City of Cartagena, at the bay of Cienaga de La Virgen, in Colombia. It is accessible via motorway 90 connecting to the Shoreline highway.
It is suggested to pre-book your airport transportation. Attendees will be met at Cartagena Rafael Nunez International Airport by a Contactos representative. Contactos will also be offering return transfers to the Cartagena Rafael Nunez International Airport on departure. Contactos is the official ground operator selected by AAPG.
Please note that this transfer service is available only to those attendees who have registered their flight details and purchased a transfer ticket. Pre-booking is essential.
The cost is US $22 (+ 4% credit card transaction fee) per one way transfer. Registration information for airport transfers is available at Contactos.
General Transportation Information
The AAPG shuttle bus system will provide convenient transportation Sunday through Wednesday between the Hotel Caribe, the Hilton Cartagena and the Cartagena Convention Center. More detailed information regarding specific pick-up and drop-off points and the daily schedule will be available on event website closer to the conference and the on-site program book.
Keep in mind:
- In general, you should use private transport or taxis ordered by hotels or restaurants.
- Public buses run between the walled city and the Bocagrande peninsula, but should be avoided for security reasons.
- In general, it is safe to walk at all hours in the inner area of the old city. More caution should be exercised, particularly at night, in the Getsemaní and Bocagrande areas.
- Although it is possible to walk from the conference center to the Bocagrande peninsula area, use of taxis or ICEsponsored shuttle buses is recommended.
- In general, the more remote the area, the greater the potential threat to your safety. Road travel outside the main city areas of Cartagena is not recommended due to security and health risks.
Authorized tourist taxis (white with green roofs) are the safest option. Yellow taxis are also acceptable. Travelers are advised to agree on a price for the journey before getting into a taxi. Taxis are cash only and do not accept credit cards. A taxi from the airport to the hotels or convention center should run approximately US $7–$10.