Information for Presenters
The abstract deadline is past. All selected speakers will be notified in March.
Items to keep in mind:
- Abstracts should cover the objectives, procedures, results and conclusions of the research and should be no more than 2,500 characters in length including spaces and punctuations. The title, authors, and authors’ affiliations are not included in the character limit.
- Evaluation and ranking of abstracts are based on relevance and timeliness of subject matter; usefulness of contribution to the advancement of knowledge, techniques or practice; and overall clarity, organization and presentation of ideas.
- Titles are required — they should be brief and state the topic.
- Abstract titles should not include company names.
- In keeping with the spirit of the conference, presenters must refrain from making subtle or blatant sales pitches including but not limited to: repeated use of product names, trade names or pictures, or repeated use of company logo.
- Student submissions are encouraged to all sessions.
- Submit your abstract in the form in which you would like it published.
- Abstracts will not be edited.
- Authors will be notified of acceptance or rejection in April 2013.
- Authors of accepted abstracts will have the option to submit an extended version of their abstract which will then be reproduced on CD-ROM and made available at the conference.
- Authors are invited to have their work, both oral and poster presentations, published on AAPG’s online Search and Discovery to preserve their work for future reference.
- Final booth design will be announced in the poster kit and sent to all confirmed poster presenters prior to the start of the conference.
Important: AAPG has no funding for speakers. Do not submit an abstract unless at least one author is certain to attend the conference. All session chairs, speakers and poster presenters must register to attend the conference. No exceptions.
Oral Sessions: Single screen electronic presentations will be the only format available. Each session room is equipped with the following: High intensity projector, desktop computer, large format screen, speaker timer, laser pointer, lapel microphone and lectern microphone. Internet connections and dual screens will not be available. Detailed speaker information will be sent to you upon acceptance of your abstract.
Half-day poster sessions are planned. Presenters are required to be in their booths a minimum of two hours while their posters are
Submit: Abstracts for all sessions should be submitted online If you cannot submit your abstract online, please contact our technical programs coordinator.
Permission for AAPG to publish your abstract is implied when you submit your paper for consideration to the 2013 International Conference & Exhibition.
No-show Policy: The AAPG Executive Committee has established that presenters who fail to show up for their scheduled presentations without notifying AAPG of their cancellation at least five weeks in advance of the start of the program will not be allowed to present papers or posters at any AAPG-sponsored technical meeting for a term of three (3) years.