Explore the geological wonders of Latin America with a field trip. Just add one of these field trips at the time of registration. Or, to make changes to an existing registration please follow instructions in your confirmation, email The Pulse Network or call at + 1 781 821 6732.
Registration for field trips closes 23 August.
Important notes regarding field trips:
- Field trips are limited in size and are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis and must be accompanied by full payment.
- If you do not plan on attending the conference, a US $30 enrollment fee will be added to the field trip fee. This fee may be applied toward registration if you decide to attend the conference at a later date.
- A wait list is automatically created if a field trip sells out. The AAPG Convention Department will notify you if space becomes available.
- Before purchasing non-refundable airline tickets, confirm that the trip will take place, as trips may be cancelled if undersubscribed.
- Please register well before 28 July 2013. Field trip cancellations due to low enrollment will be considered at this time. No refunds will be allowed on field trips after this date.
- We will continue to take registrations for field trips not cancelled, either until they are sold out or closed.
- It is important that you note your gender when registering for hotel room assignments.
- Several weeks prior to the field trip, you will receive an itinerary with details of meetings points, transportation with the trip phone and fax numbers and e-mail addresses of hotels and trip leaders, etc.
- Proper clothing and supplies are needed for the outdoors (hat, wind breaker, sturdy footwear, sunscreen and rucksack).
- Depending on location, temperatures can range from 15 to 20 degrees Celsius with or without rain. Participants are advised to check local weather forecasts for latest updates. Insect repellant and sun protection (sunscreen and hats) are recommended.