The presentation will focus on hydraulic fracture geometry in shales, the materials used in the fracturing process, and treatment monitoring via microseismic.
Key topics include:
- Why Unconventional Gas Reservoirs Need to be Hydraulically Fractured
- The Importance of Complex Hydraulic Fracture Geometry
- The Hydraulic Fracturing Process described
- Fracturing Materials
- Hydraulic Fracturing Process
- What Can We Control During a Fracture Treatment?
- Why Cause and Effect with Respect to Production Are Not Always Obvious
Each e-symposium consists of a one-hour live e-symposium, along with material for one full day of independent study. The live portion will be followed by a full day of independent study (not a live event). The one-hour live e-symposium can be accessed from any computer anywhere in the world using a high-speed internet connection. After the event is over, you will receive via email information about accessing the asynchronous segment (not live) which consists of your independent study materials, to be accessed and studied at any time. You will be able to email responses to the readings, along with your study question answers for CEU credit (if you sign up for the extended package).