Featured One-Day Program: CSPG/AAPG Unconventionals Day on Tuesday, 14 September
Unconventional resources continue to be in the spotlight worldwide. That’s why CSPG and AAPG have planned an entire day highlighting the importance, future and development of these resources.
Whether you’re attending ICE all week or just wish to purchase a one-day ticket for Tuesday, 14 September, you won’t want to miss these informative presentations on some of the most timely topics affecting petroleum geology.
- Luncheon: Unconventionals Day Topical Luncheon: Global Challenges in Shale Reservoir Development: Moving Beyond a Statistical Approach . Come listen to Steve Fulgham is the President for Schlumberger Oilfield Services, North America Land, at this informative luncheon. Ticket required.
- Business Forum: Unconventional Exploration and Development Geoscientists Toolbox, chaired by Richard Herbert, Executive Vice President of Talisman. This forum will explore with managers of exploration, exploitation and service companies just what a geoscientist will need in his toolbox for the unconventional world. Included with conference registration.
- Management Forum — E&P Challenges in Complex Environments: From the Arctic to Deep Water. The secret of developing in remote and harsh environments, as well as resources such as the unconventional, have been solved through a multidisciplinary
approach between geoscientists and engineers, technology and highly talented staff. Speakers will address many of the challenges and opportunities in this area. Included with conference registration.
- Special Lecture — Geology of a Major SAGD Bitumen Development — A Case Study from Long Lake, Northeastern Alberta. This special lecture will feature Dale A. Leckie of Nexen Inc. with coauthors are Milovan Fustic, Nexen Inc., and Christopher Seibel,
Nexen Inc. Included with conference registration.
- Choose from numerous technical presentations and posters related to unconventionals in Tuesday’s lineup, including two EMD sessions on oil sands/heavy oil, both regional and Alberta case studies and two EMD sessions on the Bakken Shale.
Don't forget — members of CSPG, AAPG and Associated Societies receive special membership pricing, whether for full conference registration or just one-day pricing.