Information to make the trip smoother
Many of Calgary's attractions and shopping experiences are only a short ride away using Calgary's transit system of buses and/or the light rail train (LRT). Visit attractions, shops and restaurants without the hassles of driving and parking. The LRT is free in the downtown core and very reasonably priced outside the core — CAD $2.75* for adults and CAD $1.75* for youth. Children 6 and under are free. Subject to change. Visit www.calgarytransit.com for further information, including schedules.
Taxis are also available downtown.
*Rates subject to change
The Calgary International Airport offers a variety of services for your travel. On the arrivals level you'll find Travelex Worldwide Money, Visitor Information Centre/Tourism Calgary, Lost and Found, Luggage Storage, Paging, and even massage chairs.
For general airport inquiries or lost and found send an e-mail to email@example.com. To contact the Calgary Airport Authority directly call +1 403 735 1200 or + 1 877 254 7427.
Shuttle: Allied Downtown Shuttle Service offers service to downtown for CAD $15* every 30 minutes at Bus Bay #8. To purchase tickets, please visit the Allied Shuttle counter on the arrivals level near gate "C" between 08:00 and 23:59. Alternatively, you can reserve and buy tickets online, http://www.airportshuttlecalgary.ca.
Downtown pick-ups are based on a scheduled on-demand system; however, the shuttle will only stop at pre-determined locations if there is a booking. Please review the schedule online. Bookings can be made either over the phone or online. It is recommended that you leave at least 3 hours prior to your airplane departure. For further information call +1 403 299 9555.
*Rates subject to change
Taxi/Limo Service: Taxis are available at the Airport around the clock. Calgary is a city where travelers can feel completely secure taking a taxi to their downtown hotel.
Some recommended Taxi and Limo services from the YYC Calgary International Airport are as follows:
- Icon Limousines Inc. |www.iconlimousines.ca - (403) 971-5466
- Checker Yellow Cabs Ltd | www.thecheckergroup.com - (403) 299-9999
- Associated Limousine | www.calgarylimo.com - (403) 299-1123
Driving directions from Calgary International Airport to the CTCC
1. Head east on Airport Rd NE (450 m)
2. Take the 1st right to stay on Airport Rd NE (350 m)
3. Turn left at Air Services Pl NE (15 m)
4. Continue onto Barlow Trail NE (400 m)
5. Slight left to stay on Barlow Trail NE (240 m)
6. Turn left at 96 Ave NE (2.6 km)
7. Take the ramp onto Hwy 2 S (10.1 km)
8. Take exit 256 for Memorial Dr (850 m)
9. Merge onto Memorial Dr NE (1.9 km)
10. Slight right toward 4 Ave SE (800 m)
11. Continue straight onto 4 Ave SE (500 m)
12. Turn left at Centre St. S (550 m)
13. Turn left at 9 Ave. SE
Destination will be on the left (62 m)
Approximately 21 minutes/18.9 km
From Calgary Telus Convention Centre to the Calgary Zoo
1. Head east on 9 Ave. SE toward 1 St SE (2.0 km)
2. Turn left at 12 St. SE (400 m)
3. Slight left at St Georges Dr. NE (450 m)
4. Continue onto Zoo Rd NE (26 m)
Approximately 5 minutes / 2.9 km
Source: Google Maps