Presenters: Click here for speaker/poster kits. Please take time to fill out the online forms so we can better assist you.
AAPG conferences have a reputation for delivering a comprehensive technical program. A ratings system introduced by the AAPG Technical Advisory Committee was used to select this year's schedule of 300+ oral and poster presentations.
Stay on top of the latest developments by visiting our Itinerary Planner. Look for the program book and addendum on site for any last-minute changes.
Below are the conference themes. You can also search our at a glance by day — Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, use the Itinerary Planner for full details, or download a .pdf of the Updated technical program now available (15 July).
- Theme I: Sedimentology — Depositional Models for High Latitude Systems, Modern and Ancient, Deepwater Deposits, Outcrops to Analogues
- Theme II: Circum-Arctic Tectonics and Basin Formation — Arctic Basin Tectonics, Deepwater and Ultra-Deepwater Arctic Basins, UNLOS Surveys
- Theme III: Mixed Carbonate/Evaporite Successions — Depositional Models and Reservoirs
- Theme IV: Petroleum Systems — Source Rock, Migration, Trap, Seals
- Theme V: Geophysics — Advances in Harsh Environment Acquisition and Processing: On Ice, Under Ice, Under Basalts
- Theme VI: Rift to Drift, Passive Margin, Transition Tectonics — Source Rocks, Reservoirs, Migration from Rift to Drift
- Theme VII: Exotic Reservoirs of the World, What Produces Where in the World? — Chalks, Cherts, Phosphates, Granites, Hydrates
- Theme VIII: Reservoir Management, from Discovery to Abandonment — Geological and Reservoir Modeling, Secondary, Tertiary Recovery, Multi-disciplinary Teams of Professionals
- Theme IX: Risk Analysis and Assessment — Oilsands, Shales and Tight Sands
- Theme X: Environmental — Environmental Concerns of Unconventional Development
- Theme XI: North American Unconventional Oil — Oilsands, Heavy Oil, Tight Oil in Sands and Carbonates, Oil Shale Reservoirs, i.e., Bakken and Second White Specks
- Theme XII: North American Unconventional Gas — Coal Bed Methane, Tight Gas Sands and Carbonates, Shale Gas Reservoirs
- Theme XIII: International Unconventional Oil — Minable Oil Shales, Tight Oil Reservoirs
- Theme XIV: International Unconventional Gas — Coal Bed Methane Shale Gas Reservoirs
- Theme XV: Geoscience Investigations and Petroleum Search Beyond Traditional Exploration Confines — Remote Exploration, “First-ever” Basin Exploration; Ultra-Deepwater Drilling and Development in Shallow Productive Basins
- Theme XVI: Unconventional Reservoirs — Oil Shales, Gas Shales, Tight Sand Reservoirs, Oil Sands and Heavy Oil
- Theme XVII: Frontier Reservoirs — Arctic and Deepwater Discoveries, High Porosity and Permeability Systems in Giant Fields