Debra P. Osborne, Chair
Executive Committee Charge
To submit a nomination, please consider the following:
- It should be made clear to the person being nominated that a nomination does not ensure candidacy.
- The person making the nomination must acquire the nominee’s permission to submit his/her name and determine if he/she is willing to serve if elected, as evidenced by the nominees’ signature on the Commitment Statement for AAPG Office form (PDF Form, PDF Print, MS Word) which must be submitted with the nomination form. FORMS
- The potential nominee should be informed of the level of commitment the office requires. Candidates are encouraged to attend the annual meeting and international conference and exhibition, plus section and region meetings in addition to the annual leadership conference. If elected, they will have a minimum of four Executive Committee meetings to attend, some of which would coincide with the other AAPG meetings. Historically, Executive Committee meetings have been as numerous as ten per year, plus several teleconferences.
- The potential nominee should be informed that an officer candidate will be allowed an expense reimbursement to attend AAPG meetings, with the exception of attendance at the annual meeting and the candidate’s section/region meeting as set forth below. However, expenses will not be reimbursed if the candidate’s employer covers travel expenses. This reimbursement policy will apply to the President-Elect, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Editor and Chairman-Elect of the House of Delegates as follows:
- President-Elect – up to $12,500
- Chairman-Elect of the House of Delegates – up to $12,500
- Section/Region Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and Editor – up to $6,000
- Because the availability of nominees may change, it is expected that the potential candidate will inform the Chair of the Nominating Committee as soon as possible if new circumstances cause inability to stand for office.
- The Bylaws (Article II, Section 13) require that one person cannot hold two specified offices at the same time and have other limitations (Article II, Section 14) on candidacy.
The forms are provided for "AAPG Officer Nominations" and the "Commitment Statement for AAPG Office."
On behalf of the leadership, we thank you for your support of the Association.