About the House of Delegates
The House of Delegates of the AAPG is made up of delegates from affiliated societies and international regions throughout the world. They are selected by popular vote from within their respective areas and serve a three year term. Alternates are often selected in the event that an elected delegate is unable to perform the duties to which they have been elected. In turn these delegates elect a Chairman-Elect and a Secretary/Editor who serve for one year. The Chairman-Elect serves as Chairman the next year and as a member of the AAPG Executive Committee.
Duties of the delegates include:
- Being familiar with the Association's Constitution and Bylaws;
- Being acquainted with the Association's current policies and programs;
- Informing the leaders of their society or region regarding the Association's program of activities, especially as it relates to cooperative participation and service;
- Processing requests from the Executive Committee for information regarding eligibility of applicants for membership in the Association;
- Serving as local Certification committeemen by processing requests from the Board of Certification for information regarding applicants for Certification by the Association;
- Actively soliciting applications from eligible geologists for membership in this Association.