HOD Officer Candidates
Geological Advisor and Director of Curriculum for Geoscience, Schlumberger DCS'
Born: 1958, Bayshore, NY, USA
It is a great honor to be asked to stand as a candidate for the HoD Secretary/Editor position. I would like to thank the AAPG members and nominating committee members who supported my nomination and gave me this opportunity to increase my service to AAPG and the House of Delegates.
I have been a member of AAPG since 1981. I started as a founding member of the student chapter at the University of Oklahoma. Over the past decade I have steadily increased my activities within AAPG, first as a committee member and Vice-Chair and most recently as the Manager of the Sections and Geosciences committees. I have been a member of the HoD since 2009. I am fortunate to have been able to be involved in the growth of a number of initiatives over the years – including the Imperial Barrel Award, which I have been involved with on an ad hoc basis since the first event in Long Beach.
HoD and the committees’ activities present us all with unique opportunities to express our concerns and discuss our ideas as members of the world’s largest geological society. As Secretary/Editor I would be proud to continue the work of my predecessors in strengthening the communication between the AAPG Executive Committee, the HoD committees and the membership as a whole.
Karen Glaser CV
- Academic Degrees
- 1992 Doctorate in Geology, Rice University, Texas, USA
- 1983 Master’s Degree in Geology, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma, USA
- 1980 Bachelor’s Degree in Geology, Colgate University, New York, USA
- Professional Experience
- 2010-present Schlumberger (DCS) Houston, Texas. Geological Advisor and Director of Curriculum for Geology and Geophysics (DCS)
- 2009-2010 Schlumberger (DCS) Houston, Texas. Reservoir Consulting Manager
- 2006-2009 Schlumberger (DCS and WesternGeco) Houston, Texas. Reservoir Seismic Services Manager (USA).
- 2003-2006 Schlumberger, Sugar Land, Texas. Marketing Communications Manager for the DCS and IPM segments
- 1995- 2003 GeoQuest (Schlumberger), Houston, Texas. Various geoscience roles in consulting and support, including North America Customer Support Manager and Client Services Desk Manager for North and South America
- 1994-1995 Independent Consultant, Houston, Texas
- 1991-1994 Exxon Production Research Company, Houston, Texas. Senior Research Geologist
- 1983–86 Amoco Production Co., Houston, Texas. Exploration and Development Geologist
- TBPG (Texas Board of Professional Geoscientists) licensed since 2003
- Other Professional Societies
- 1999-present Member SEG
- 2010-present Member SEPM
- 1984-present Member Houston Geological Society
- AAPG Activities
- 2011-2012 Member: SEG Liaison and Selected Sessions sub-committee (Geophysical Integration Committee)
- 2009-12 Committee Manager: Sections and Geosciences Committees
- 2009-10 Committee Manager: Global Climate Change Committee
- 2007-Present Technical Reviewer: AAPG Bulletin
- 2006-07 Vice Chair: Public Outreach Committee
- 2006-09 Member: Technical Advisory Committee
- 2005-08 Member: Public Outreach Committee
- 1994-96 Member: Research Committee
- 1981-1983 Member: AAPG Student Chapter at University of Oklahoma (a founding member)