2011-12 Goals for VP Regions
- Establish and maintain effective communication with international membership.
- Promote involvement of international membership in AAPG activities and committee work.
- Improve AAPG services for international membership.
- Contribute to Distinguished Lecturer Program as EC liaison.
- Contribute to Global Events Oversight Program as EC liaison.
- Contribute to Regions Programs as EC liaison.
- Assist in establishing additional international AAPG offices.
- Assist in organization of and contribution to ICE meetings.
- Represent AAPG at International Regions meetings, as can be accommodated in personal work schedule.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with international sister organizations.
- Represent the AAPG on EC matters and participate in EC activities as required by the President.
- Organize face-to-face meeting with all six Region Presidents at Leadership Days 2011 to establish paths for communication.
- Participate in Regional Presidents’ monthly conference calls.
- Encourage all Regions to develop an annual Conference set-up similar to that established by the European Region.
- Attend MAPG in Marrakech, Morocco in October 2011.
- Attend ICE’s in Milan, Italy, in October 2011 and in Singapore in September 2012.
- Attend Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorationists in Abuja in November 2011.
- Attend GEO2012 in Bahrain in March 2012.
- Attend additional International events through 2013.
- Re-establish technical workshops and field trips with EAGE to start in 2012.
Regions Membership as of Mid-2011
|Africa||1,935 total (240 active)||31 student chapters|
|Asia Pacific||3,156 total (959 active)||42 student chapters|
|Canada||1,481 total (896 active)||6 student chapters|
|Europe||3,281 total (1,157 active)||43 student chapters|
|Latin America||882 total (289 active)||13 student chapters|
|Middle East||636 total (303 active)||7 student chapters|