HoD 2011 Officer Candidates
It is a great honor to be asked to stand as a candidate for the HoD Chair-Elect position, and I would like to thank the nominating committee members who supported my nomination and gave me this chance to continue my service to AAPG and the House of Delegates.
I have served as a Delegate since 1994; first as a representative from Norway and then from year 2000, as a representative from the AAPG European Region. I feel fortunate to have been part of history through all these years.
The House of Delegates yearly meetings are a good place to be to get a feel for how AAPG is developing, through the actions and proposals from the various committees from the stage and through the following discussions on the floor, where diversity rules!
HoD and the committees are a unique opportunity for us to express our concerns and discuss our ideas as members of the world’s largest geological association which AAPG is. This we can do by voting for our preferred representatives (and cross our fingers) or we can actively seek to be elected to the HoD, join the committees and start shaping the history.
The role of the House of Delegates as the parliament of AAPG with connection to the highest governing body, the AAPG Executive Committee, as the HoD Chair is a member of that body, is today, an unique way to organize a geological society. I am proud to be a member of such an including society and I will take the responsibilities as HoD Chair seriously. However, I would like to retain the humor and sporadic laughter that from time to time spreads among the delegates at our yearly meeting!
- Academic Degree
- 1981 Master Degree in Geology, University of Oslo, Norway
- Professional Experience
- 2010-pres. RWE Dea Norge AS, Oslo, Norway, Senior Staff Geologist Production
- 1987-99 DEMINEX Norge AS, Oslo, Norway as Senior Geologist Exploration
- 1984- 86 Amoco Europe and West Africa, London, UK, as Senior Geologist Exploration
- 1999-07 RWE Dea Norge AS, Oslo, Norway as Senior Geologist Production
- 2007-10 RWE Dea AG, Hamburg, Germany, Senior Staff Geologist Field Development
- 1981–84 Amoco Norway Oil Co., Stavanger, Norway as Exploration Geologist
- Affiliated, Associated Societies, Sections and Regions
- European Region
- 2002-03 Vice-President
- 2003-05 President
- European Region
- NAPG (Norwegian Association of Petroleum Geologists)
- 1996-03 President
- Other Professional Societies
- 2005-pres. NPF (Norsk Petroleum Forening), member
- AAPG Activities
- 2000-13 HoD Delegate, European Region
- 1994-00 HoD Delegate, NAPG
- 2008-09 HoD Secretary/Editor
- 2008-09 Chair: Newsletter Committee
- 2008-09 Chair: Minutes Approval Committee
- 2007-08 Member: Credential Committee
- 2005-06 Chair: Resolutions Committee
- 2004-05 Member: Resolutions Committee
- 2000-04 Member: Honors & Award Committee
- 1999-00 Member: Nomination & Election Committee
- AAPG Honors and Awards
- 2011 Distinguished Service Award
- 2009 House Recognition of Service Award
- 2005 Distinguished Member of the House Award
- 2005 Certificate of Merit