Rules & Procedures Committee
The Rules and Procedures Committee annually reviews the Rules and Procedures of the House and proposals for changes, making recommendations for changes in existing Rules and Procedures.
Committee members for 2010-2011 and their affiliations are the following:
- Sandi Barber, Chair, Gulf Coast - Houston, TX
- Mike D. Allison, Vice-Chair, Mid-Continent - Gainesville, TX
- Adebayo O. Akinpelu, Africa - Nigeria
- David R. Cook, European - Haselmere, Surrey, UK
- J. R. Rusty Gilbert, Jr., Pacific - San Ramon, CA
- Brian D. Keith, Eastern - Bloomington, IN
- Andrea Reynolds, Gulf Coast - Houston, TX
This year the Rules and Procedures Committee will be reviewing at least the following issues:
- Enabling At-Large Delegates to participate in committees, perhaps with a non-voting status.
This issue concerns the chair’s ability to put a former HoD chair who currently is an At-Large Delegate on a committee other than an Ad Hoc committee. The proposal is to 1) seat former HoD chairs not currently Delegates in a special section of the “floor” during the HoD proceedings and 2) to allow selection of them for a HoD committee as a non-voting member of that committee.
- Coordinate with Membership Committee and Constitution and Bylaws Committee on any recommendation(s) regarding extending eligibility for student membership.