Honors & Awards Committee
The Honors and Awards Committee nominates candidates for awards to recognize outstanding service to the House of Delegates. Our committee is currently preparing a list of nominees that is to be provided to the Chair of the House of Delegates for consideration by October 31st. The awards to be considered are: Honorary Member of the House, Distinguished Member of the House, and House Long Service.
- The Honors and Awards Committee consists of:
- Stephen P. Cumella, Chair, Rocky Mtn. - Evergreen, CO
- Laura C. Zahm, Vice-Chair, Gulf Coast - Austin, TX
- Stephen L. Bend, Canada - Regina, SK, Canada
- Dan A. Billman, Eastern - Mars, PA
- David G. Campbell, Mid-Continent - Oklahoma City, OK
- Robert L. Countryman, Pacific - Bakersfield, CA
- H. Lee Harvard, Southwest - Roswell, NM
- Martin G. Jentsch, European - Hannover, Germany
- John G. Kaldi, Asia-Pacific - Adelaide, Australia
- Bonnie R. Weise, Gulf Coast - San Antonio, TX
What AAPG Means to Me
I joined AAPG when I was in graduate school at the University of Texas in 1980 because I intended to pursue a career in petroleum geology. Over these many years of being an AAPG member, I have found AAPG a great way to interact with fellow petroleum geologists. I have also learned a great amount about geology from AAPG publications, meetings, field trips, and short courses.