Constitution and Bylaws
This year’s Constitution and Bylaws Committee worked diligently on a number of issues and topics that were important to the future of the Association.
Before proceeding, I would like to name the members of the committee.
- John Hogg, Chair - Canada Region
- Don Clarke - Pacific Section
- Marty Hewitt - Canada Region
- Paul Hoffman - Gulf Coast Section
- Peter Lloyd - Asia Pacific Region
- Jim McGhay - Mid-Continent Section
- Clint Moore - Gulf Coast Sectio
This is a very knowledgeable diverse group of delegates and they spent an enormous amount of time this year on the Global Corporate Structure and the Bylaw Amendments before you today. As Chair, I personally want to thank each of them for their commitment and contributions to the committee.
The Global Corporate Structure
In trying to address the perceived problems, the HoD C&BLC has come to realize that the structure, policies, and procedures of AAPG provide for deliberative consideration of potential change. It is good that an organization the size of AAPG has checks and balance in the structure in order to provide good governance to the membership. The summary of the C&BLC deliberation on the Global Corporate Structure is as follows:
- The C&BLC supports the continual incorporation of International Region Offices.
- The C&BLC did not find sufficient need to implement a holding company under which the Region Offices will be placed as part of the overall corporation.
- The C&BLC did not find sufficient need to include the US Section structure into the Region Structure.
- After our review, the C&BLC recommends that:
- The current structure of the Executive Committee, Advisory Council and HOD is well positioned for the advancement of globalization,
- The Sections, Regions and Headquarters conduct a Summit to improve communication, cooperation, and to advance globalization throughout the Association,
- The Advisory Council provide for the annual review of the Long Range Plan as called for in the Bylaws.
This concludes the report.
We would like to thank the Chair and the House Executive for the opportunity to serve the House.