HoD Officer CandidateS
Bureau of Economic Geology
John A. and Katherine G. Jackson School of Geosciences
The University of Texas at Austin
Born 1971, Gainesville, FL
I am honored to be nominated as a candidate for HoD Secretary/Editor. I believe that we must contribute more than we take, and help with more than we ask for in return. It is with this philosophy that I accepted the nomination. I have been involved on AAPG committees and served as a representative to the AAPG HoD since 2003. As a member of the AAPG Youth Education Activities Committee (which I became chair of in July 2007), I have worked toward enriching and increasing earth sciences role in the curriculum for school-age students (ages 5 through 18). I believe that communication plays a critical role in the HoD and as a Secretary/Editor of the HoD I will focus on being an effective communicator with the delegates and AAPG members as a whole.
- 1993 B.S. Geological Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- 1997 M.S. Geological Sciences The University of Texas at Austin
- 2008-Pres. Bureau of Economic Geology, Carbonate Stratigrapher
- 2005-2008 ConocoPhillips, Carbonate Stratigrapher
- 2003-2005 Bureau of Economic Geology, Geologist at the Houston Core Research Center
- 2000-2003 iReservoir, Reservoir Characterization Geomodeler
- 1997-2000 Marathon Oil Company Technology Center, Reservoir Characterization Geologist
Joined AAPG in 1991, became an active member in 2001.
- 2007-Pres. Representative for the AGS to the AAPG House of Delegates
- 2007-Pres. Chair, Youth Education Activities Committee and Coordinator for the AAPG Foundation Teacher of the Year Award
- 2005-Pres. Member Youth Education Activities Committee
- 2005-2007 Delegate for the HGS to the AAPG House of Delegates
- 2006-2009 Member Outreach Committee
- 2003-2006 Member Grants-in-Aid Committee
Tinker, S. W., Caldwell, D. H., Cox, D. M., Zahm, L. C., and Brinton, Lisë, 2004, Integrated reservoir characterization of a carbonate ramp reservoir, South Dagger Draw field, New Mexico: seismic data are only part of the story, in Seismic imaging of carbonate reservoirs and systems: American Association of Petroleum Geologists Memoir 81, p. 91–105.
Campanella, J. D., Sonnenfeld, M. D., Zahm, L., Gilman, J. R., Conrad, L., Siemens, C., and Zaitlin, B. A., 2002, A case study: using modern reservoir characterization to optimize future development of a mature asset, in SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, San Antonio: Society of Petroleum Engineers, SPE Paper 77671, 8 p.