HoD Officer CandidateS
Terence G. O’Hare
Independent, Dallas, Texas
Born 1958, Manhattan, New York
I want to thank those who have nominated me for the office of HoD Chair. It has been a pleasure to serve AAPG in my past capacities and I will do my best with this new endeavor. It is with these opportunities that we get to strengthen our organization and contribute to its longevity. I look forward to working with past and present HoD leadership to see that this institution continues to be a forum for both continuity and thoughtful change for all members.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Geology, May 1980
University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
- 1980-1983 Desana Corporation: Exploration Geologist, Midland, Texas. 1
- 983-1985 Gilmore Oil & Gas: Exploration Geologist on retainer, Midland, Texas.
- 1985-1988 Independent Geologist: Prospect generation and management, Midland and Dallas, Texas.
- 1988-1991 Lynx Energy Company, Inc.: Exploration/ Exploitation Geologist on retainer, Dallas, Texas.
- 1991-2000 Independent Geologist: Consulting, prospect generation, evaluation and management, Dallas, Texas
- 2000- Emerald Energy, LLC: President and owner; consulting, prospect generation, evaluation and management, Dallas, Texas
Honors and Awards:
- Dallas Geological Society – Honorary Life Member 2004
- AAPG Certificate of Merit 2004
Affiliated and Associated Societies and Sections:
- Dallas Geological Society: Secretary, Second Vice President, Treasurer, President Elect, President (1997- 2002), Sponsorship Committee Annual Crawfish Boil
- Sponsorship Chairman SW Section Annual Convention (2001)
- Scholarship Committee SW Section (1999-2003)
Other Professional Organizations:
- SIPES (Society of Independent Professional Earth Scientists) #2692
- Dallas Chapter, Vice Chair fiscal year 2008
- Licensed Texas Professional Geologist #1378
(member 1980, CPG #5402): Alternate House Delegate
- Investment Committee
- 2004 General Chairman: 2004 National Convention, Dallas, Texas
- 2005-2010 House Delegate Committee Chairman: Annual Convention Committee (ACE) International Convention Committee (ICE)
- 2005 Ad-Hoc Committee on Executive Session to the HoD
- 2007 Vice Chairman: AAPG Tactical Operations Committee
- 2008-2011 Committee Chair Membership Survey Committee