The Credentials Committee consists of five members including a chair to serve one-year terms. Members of the Credentials Committee consist of the two House of Delegates candidates for chair-elect, the two candidates for secretary/ editor, and a chair. If any members must relinquish their seats for any reason, the Chair of the House has the authority to appoint a replacement. Officers of the House may not serve on this Committee.
Responsibilities of the Committee include;
- Checking in and verifying all elected delegates, elected alternates, and appointed alternates to the House of Delegates for the annual meeting,
- Presenting to the House for seating any representatives that were not cleared 15 days before the meeting, and
- Submitting to the Chair of the House an attested roll of delegates, alternate delegates, and appointed alternate delegates who are qualified and present, and the number needed for a quorum.
Goals of the Committee this year will be:
- Work with AAPG staff and other pertinent committees to ensure all affiliated societies and regions duly elect delegates and alternates to represent them.
- Make sure that presidents of societies understand the importance of full representation to the House of Delegates Meeting.
- Make every effort to see that there is 100% representation at the next annual meeting.
These steps would increase efficiency at registration.