HOD Candidates: Secretary/Editor
North Africa and Middle East
Sigrunn Johnsen is currently Senior Geologist in the North Africa and Middle East Department for RWE Dea in Hamburg, Germany. She was transferred from RWE Dea’s office in Oslo to the headquarters in Hamburg summer 2007.
Sigrunn has been an active AAPG member since 1983 at which time she worked for Amoco Oil Company in Stavanger, Norway. She has been a HoD delegate since 1994, first for Norway and later for the European Region.
She was President of the AAPG European Region from 2003 to 2005. From 2005 to 2007 she has been a member of the European Region Council as Past-President. In her work in the Europaen Region she has had focus on creating and maintaining a regional structure of active committees, to involve members from the many countries of different cultures all over Europe and organizing conferences regularily in Europe.
In 1992, together with Mr Robert Johannessen in Elf, she started the NAPG (Norwegian Association of Petroleum Geologists). The members are Active AAPG members in Norway. NAPG became affiliated with AAPG in 1995. She held the position as President of NAPG from 1996 to 2006.
She worked for Amoco Oil C. in Stavanger between 1981 to 1984 as an Exploration Geologist. Later she worked as Senior Geologist in the Exploration Department for Amoco Europe and West Africa in London, UK, from 1984 to 1986. From 1987 to 1999 she worked as a Senior Geologist for DEMINEX Norge AS in Oslo. Late, when DEMINEX’s Oslo branch was taken over 100 % by RWE Dea, she continued to work with the company.
Sigrunn is a graduate of the University of Oslo, Norway, with a Master’s degree in Geology. She did her field work for her thesis in sedimentology of the Triassic sequence at Svalbard, Spitsbergen. She graduated in 1981.
Graduated from University of Oslo; Norway, with a Master degree in Geology
- Amoco Norway Oil Co., Stavanger, Norway as Exploration Geologist
Amoco Europe and West Africa, London, UK, as Senior Geologist
DEMINEX Norge AS, Oslo, Norway as Senior Geologist
- RWE Dea Norge AS, Oslo, Norway as Senior Geologist
- RWE Dea AG, Hamburg, Germany as Senior Geologist
Became Active AAPG member
Established NAPG (Norwegian Association of Petroleum Geologists) together with a geologist in Elf, Stavanger.
- NAPG HOD Delegate
- NAPG became affiliated with AAPG
- President of NAPG
- Member of the Steering Committee for AAPG Regional
- July 2001
- International Conference, St Petersburg, Russia
- Started the process of getting AAPG International Conference to Oslo, Norway, year 2003.
- Became General Chair for the year 2003 conference in Oslo and established a conference Steering Committee. Participated in discussions regarding co-operation with EAGE in Europe and USA.
- Member of AAPG HOD Nominating Committee
- Member of European Region Nominating Committee
- HOD Delegate for European Region
- Member of AAPG HOD Honors and Awards Committee.
- Member of AAPG Honors and Awards Committee
- Chair of Resolution Committee
- President AAPG European Region
- Past President AAPG European Region
- Member of AAPG HOD Credentials Committee
- Menber of AAPG HOD Minutes Approval committee