George R. Bole
George R. Bole, PG
- AB Geology, Occidental College, 1959
- MA Geology, Univ. of California, Berkeley, 1962
- Pan American Petroleum Corporation/ Amoco Production Company. Geologist assigned to exploration department and Worldwide Exploration Business Group. Activities encompassed domestic exploration and international consulting from entry level, to management, positions.
- Consulting geologist, Houston. Activities include geosciences education and project management. Specialties are log analysis, and non-technical geosciences training for The University of Tulsa's Continuing Engineering and Scientific Education (CESE) Department.
Professional Society Involvement
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists member since 1965. Received Distinguished Service and Honorary Life Member Awards, as well as Certificates of Merit. Officer candidate for Treasurer and President Elect. Served as Chair, Committee on Committees (currently a member), and Public Outreach Committee. Served as member of Twenty-First Century Committee. Chaired mid-Continent Section Meeting, Tulsa, OK, in 1987. Currently serve as Chair, Investment Committee, and as a member of the Student Expo, and House of Delegates (HOD) Rules and Procedures Committees. Have been an HOD alternate and/or delegate member for the Houston Geological Society since 1987. Currently serves as a Foundation Trustee Associate.
- Division of Professional Affairs (DPA) member since 1967. Received Distinguished Service and Honorary Life Member Awards. Served as President and Secretary of DPA. Periodically served as Chair, Board of Certification from 1977 to 2001. Currently Chair, Long Range Planning Committee.
- Tulsa Geological Society (TGS) member since early 1970s. Received Honorary Life Membership Award. Served as Vice-President and President.
- Houston Geological Society (HGS) member since 1987.
- Society of Professional Well Log Analysts (SPWLA) member since early 1980s.
- Loaned Executive, United Way of the Texas Gulf Coast (UWTGC), from 1996 -- present. Raise funds for the United Way Campaign by assisting UWTGC staff that work in the Major Markets Division.
- Serve as Chair, BP Volunteer Steering Committee (BPVSC) for Amoco/BP retirees interested in providing community service, e.g. Cancer Walk, MS-150, Food Drive, PBS Tel-A-Thon, etc.
- Certified Petroleum Geologist # 1316.
- Texas Professional Geologist # 849
- Certified Professional Earth Scientist # 2801