Delegates, this section of The Delegates' Voice will help keep you informed of various issues pertaining to the House and House business. There are two items included in this section, notification of the headcount deadline and the deadlines for this years House business.
On November 30, a count will be taken of the voting members of AAPG by U.S Society and International Region. This total determines the number of delegates your society or region is entitled to for the term beginning July 1, 2006. Voting members are Active, Life, Honorary, and Emeritus members with dues paid for this fiscal year 2005-06. In some cases just one unpaid member can prevent a society or region from having an additional delegate (and vote) in the HoD. Encourage members to get their AAPG dues current before this date. Perhaps run a reminder in your first newsletter or make announcements at your fall meetings. If you want to know the status of your society's headcount at any time, please contact Donna Riggs , email@example.com or 918-560-2612.
Deadlines for 2005 - 2006 House of Delegates Business
- August 18, 2005
- *Minutes Approval Committee should have completed review and approval of 2005 minutes.
- September 30, 2005
- *Candidates list to the HoD Chair.
- October 31, 2005
- *Awardees list to the HoD Chair.
**Comments from EC, AC, Delegates and any designees regarding Bylaws amendments by resolution of the HoD. (Note: None for 2005)
Bios and photos of candidates and awardees need to be at Headquarters.
- November 30, 2005
- Delegate Headcount (see above)
- December 01, 2005
- Proposed Constitution and/or Bylaws changes, if published in the Explorer, need to be submitted for the January issue.
- December 30, 2005
- *Mid-Year meeting of officers, chairs and invitees on or before this date.
- January. 09, 2006
- **Proposed changes to the AAPG Bylaws must be with the HoD Chair.
*If Explorer publication deadline was missed, an alternate means of publication must be made to the voting membership.
*Proposed changes to the Rules & Procedures of the House must be in the hands of the Chair, HoD.
- February 08, 2005
- *Proposed changes to the Rules & Procedures of the House must be mailed to the Delegates.
**If previous publication and mailing deadlines were missed, proposed changes to the Constitution must be sent to the voting membership.
- February 24, 2006
- Committee and Officer written reports need to be at Headquarters for printing.
- March 03, 2006
- **Last day for mailing meeting agenda and pertinent enclosures to the Delegates.
- March 10, 2006
- **Last day for mailing comments re proposed amendments to Delegates.
- March 24, 2006
- * &**Names of appointed alternate delegates should be in Headquarters office.
- April 8, 2006
- Delegates Reception: Houston, Texas US
- April 9, 2006
- Annual Meeting of the House of Delegates: Houston, Texas US
- June 08, 2006
- *Minutes Approval Committee should have completed review and approval of 2006 minutes.
***Last day to mail ballot to members re Constitution changes.
Note: Bylaws changes approved by the HoD are effective immediately and do not require a vote of the membership.
* HoD Rules & Procedures ** AAPG Bylaws *** AAPG Constitution