Vice President, Regions
Stuart D. Harker
Stuart D. Harker
Vice president geology, Circle Oil Plc, Aberdeen, Scotland
Born 1950, Rochdale, UK.
- 1978 Ph.D., geology, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
- 1975 M.S., geology, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
- 1972 B.S. (Hons), geology, University of London, London, England
- 2008-present Circle Oil, vice president geology
- 2004-07 Consultant geologist, global projects, Troy Ikoda/RPS then PGS, Aberdeen
- 2002-05 Aberdeen University, honorary lecturer in M.S. course Hydrocarbon Enterprise
- 2000-04 Total, head of geology and geophysics-northern North Sea
- 1998-2000 Worldwide prospect and fields assessment team, Elf, Paris
- 1991-98 Exploration geologist then manager of exploration-licenses and fields, UKCS, Elf, Aberdeen
- 1985-91 Occidental, exploration and production geologist, UKCS
- 1981-85 Occidental, exploration geologist-Africa then regional chief geologist-Middle and Far East
- 1980-81 Murphy Oil, exploration and production geologist-Western Canada
- 1978-80 Aramco, stratigrapher (Saudi Arabia)
- 1976-78 Texaco Exploration, stratigrapher and exploration geologist-Alberta, Arctic and Eastern Canada
- 1973-75 Texaco Exploration, summer internships
- Joined AAPG 1981
- 2008-present Associate editor, BULLETIN
- 2005-09 Advisory Council, European Representative
- 1997-2001 Publications Committee
- 1996-99 HoD, delegate
- 1991-94 HoD, delegate
- 1992-95 Grants-in-Aid Committee
- 1993 DEG Charter Member
Around 30 published papers and 30 presentations for all of the mentioned associations and other institutions.
AAPG Vice President, Regions, Responsibilities as defined by AAPG Bylaws, Article II, Section 4.
The Vice President, Regions, when elected earlier than the Vice President, Sections, shall perform the duties of the President in the absence or inability of the President to serve. The Vice President, Regions, when elected earlier than the Vice President, Sections, shall assume the office of President in case of a vacancy for any cause in that office; and shall perform such duties as may be assigned by the President. The Vice President, Regions shall, with his or her other duties, concern himself or herself with the activities of the Association in respect to International Regions. A Vice President, Regions elected pursuant to the provisions of Section 12 of this Article II shall be presumed for the purposes of this Section 4 to have been elected on the date of his or her predecessor's election .