Denise M. Cox
Denise M. Cox
Vice president, Storm Energy, Ltd., Panama City, Fla.
Born 1958, Elmira, N.Y
- 1985 M.S., geology, University of Colorado, Boulder
- 1980 B.S. (Hons), geology, State University of New York, Binghamton
- 2006-present Storm Energy, vice president
- 2004-06 iReservoir.com, senior technical adviser
- 1988-2004 Marathon Oil, advanced senior geologist
- 1985-88 Marathon Oil, Denver Research Center, geologist
- 1980-84 U.S. Geological Survey, physical science technician
- Joined AAPG 1984, Member EMD
- 2001-present Foundation Trustee Associate
- 2008-11 Professional Women in Earth Sciences (PROWESS), chair and co-chair
- 1995-2010 Grants-in-Aid Committee
- 2005-08 Youth Educational Activities
- 2002-08 Academic Liaison Committee
- 2004-07 Student Chapters and Student Expo, Grants
- 2004-06 Student Focus Coordinating Ad Hoc Committee, manager
- 2002-04 Academic Liaison Committee, chair
- 2001-04 Continuing Education Committee
- 2001-04 Public Outreach
- 2002-03 Geo Tours Ad Hoc
- 1999-2002 International Liaison Committee, representative Grants-in-Aid Committee, chair
- 1998-2001 Budget Review and Finance
- 1998 International Liaison Committee, co-chair
AAPG Honors and Awards
- 2006, 2004 and 2002 AAPG Certificate of Merit
Co-author multiple publications on Permian and Pennsylvanian geology and reservoirs in the Permian Basin. Co-editor four publications for the West Texas Geological Society and Permian basin Section-SEPM.
AAPG Secretary Responsibilities as defined by AAPG Bylaws, Article II, Section 6.
The Secretary shall be responsible for recording the actions of the Executive Committee; shall keep possession of the corporate seal and affix the same; and, subject to Executive Committee approval, shall have policy oversight of all non-technical and non-peer reviewed publications and communications. The Secretary shall perform other duties as may be directed by the Executive Committee.