Edward A. "Ted" Beaumont
Born 1951, Albuquerque, N.M.
- B.S., geology, University of New Mexico
- M.S., geology, University of Kansas
- 1985-present Independent consulting geologist
- 1980-85 AAPG Science Director
- 1976-80 Exploration geologist, Cities Service Oil Co.
Joined AAPG 1974, Member DPA
Foundation Trustee Associate
- 2009-present Editor, Search and Discovery
- 2004-present 100th Anniversary Ad hoc Committee
- 1997-present AAPG short course instructor: Creative Petroleum Exploration
- 2009-10 Tactical Operations Ad-Hoc Committee
- 2008-09 Global Corporate Structure Ad hoc Committee
- 2007-09 AAPG Secretary
- 2006-09 Group Insurance Committee
- 2005-08 Geophysical Integration Committee
- 2002-07 HoD delegate, Tulsa Geological Society
- 2004-06 Tactical Operations Ad-Hoc Committee
- 2002-05 Grants-in-Aid Committee
- 1986-92 Distinguished Lecture Committee
- 1986-88 Associate editor, BULLETIN
AAPG Honors and Awards
- 1992 AAPG Distinguished Service Award, AAPG Certificate of Merit
- 1991 AAPG Special Award for publication of the Treatise of Petroleum Geology, Australian Petroleum Exploration Association Distinguished Lecturer
- 1990 AAPG Special Lecturer China University of Geosciences
Co-editor with the late Norman H. Foster for the AAPG Treatise, which is composed of three series:
- The Atlas of Oil and Gas Fields (eight volumes);
- The Reprint Series (20+ volumes);
- Exploring for Oil and Gas Traps (2000) - the final of the three Handbooks of Petroleum Geology and capstone of the Treatise project.
Editor of Exploration Techniques in North America (1992) and numerous other papers.
AAPG President Responsibilities as defined by AAPG Bylaws, Article II, Section 2.
The President shall be the chief executive officer of this Association. The President shall be spokesman for the Association on all matters pertaining to the public; shall appoint the members of all committees within the limits prescribed in the Constitution and Bylaws; shall appoint delegates to cooperating organizations to represent the Association; and shall serve as chairman of the Executive Committee.