House of Delegates Chair
House of Delegates Chair 2013-14
State Geologist and Division Chief, Ohio Geological Survey, Columbus, Ohio
Born 1957, Santa Monica, California
- June 1980, Bachelor of Science Degree in Geology, Kent State University
- December 1982, Master of Science Degree in Geology, Kent State University
- 1983-1990: Geologist, Ohio Department of Natural Resources, Division of Geological Survey, Subsurface Geology Group.
- 1990-1996: Senior Geologist, Petroleum Geology Group and Division Information Technology Coordinator, Ohio Division of Geological Survey.
- 1996-2006: Supervisor, Energy Resources Group, Ohio Division of Geological Survey.
- 2006-2007: Assistant Chief, Ohio Division of Geological Survey.
- February 2007: Appointed State Geologist and Chief, Ohio Division of Geological Survey.
Affiliated and Associated Societies
- Coordinator, PTTC Technology Workshops, 3/98, 3/99, 10/99, 10/00, 4/02, 6/11
- 2005 AIPG – Ohio Section – Outstanding Achievement Award
- 2004 Ohio Oil and Gas Association – Outstanding Contributions Award
- Ohio Geological Society, trustee 1998-2003, executive committee 2003-present
- AAPG Member since 1983
- AAPG Certified Petroleum Geologist #4451
- Division of Environmental Geosciences member since 1992
- Energy Minerals Division member
- 2006-present HoD Delegate
- 2009-2010 Chairman, HoD Nominations Committee
- 2006-2010 HoD Nominations Committee
- 2006-2009 HoD Honors and Awards Committee
- 2004 AAPG Eastern Section Meeting, General Co-Chairman
- 2004-2005 AAPG Ad Hoc Committee on Domestic Sections
- 2000 AAPG Summit on Sections, Tulsa, OK, Co-Chairman
- 2001-2004 AAPG, Advisory Council, Eastern Section Representative
- 2000-2002 HoD Rules and Procedures Committee
- 1999-2004 AAPG Public Outreach Committee
- 1999-2002 HoD Delegate
- 1999-2000 Chairman, AAPG Ad Hoc Committee on Sections
- 1999-2000 AAPG Education Committee
- 1999-present AAPG Visiting Geologist
- 1998-99 President, AAPG Eastern Section
- 1998 AAPG Eastern Section Meeting, General Chairman
- 1990-1993 AAPG Membership committee
- 1987-88 Affiliated Society President, Ohio Geological Society
AAPG Honors and Awards
- 2011 AAPG Division of Environmental Geosciences – President’s Award
- 2007 AAPG Eastern Section – Meritorious Contribution to Environmental Geosciences Award
- 2004 Certificate of Merit - AAPG Eastern Section
- 2002 Honorary Membership Award - Eastern Section, AAPG
- 2001 A.I. Levorsen Memorial Award for Best Paper, Eastern Section AAPG
- 2000 Distinguished Service Award - Eastern Section, AAPG
- 2000 AAPG Certificate of Merit
- 1998 A.I. Levorsen Memorial Award for Best Paper, Eastern Section AAPG
- 1998 Certificate of Merit - AAPG Eastern Section
(examples; too numerous to list all)
- Wickstrom, L.H., G. Botoman, and D.A. Stith, 1985, Report on a continuously cored hole drilled into the Precambrian in Seneca County, northwestern Ohio; Ohio Division of Geological Survey, Information Circular No. 51.
- Wickstrom, L.H., J.D. Gray, and R.D. Stieglitz, 1992, Stratigraphy, structure, and production history of the Trenton Limestone (Ordovician) and adjacent strata in northwestern Ohio; Ohio Division of Geological Survey, Report of Investigations No. 143, 78 p., 1 pl.
- Drahovzal, J.A., and L.H. Wickstrom, 1993, The East Continent Rift Basin, in Catacosinos, P., A.B. Dickas, D. Forsyth, W. Hinze, and B.A. van der Pluijm, Co-Conveners, Basement and basins of eastern North America, Proceedings from AAPG Hedberg Conference held Nov. 10-13, 1993, Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Wickstrom, L. H., E.R. Venteris, E.R. Slucher, K.M. Carter, J. McDonald, J.A. Rupp, S.F. Greb, G.R. Baum, W.B. Harrison, and M.B. Hohn, 2006, Geologic Storage Options and Capacities for Carbon Dioxide Sequestration in the Midwest Regional Carbon Sequestration Partnership (MRCSP): Proceedings of the 5th Annual Conference on Carbon Capture and Sequestration, May 8-11, 2006, Alexandria, Virginia, 23 p.