Stephen E. Laubach
Stephen E. Laubach
Senior research scientist, Bureau of Economic Geology
- 1986 Ph.D., geology, University of Illinois-Urbana
- 1983 M.S., geology, University of Illinois-Urbana
- 1978 B.S., geology, Tufts University
- 1986-present Bureau of Economic Geology, geologist
- 1985-86 Lehigh University, visiting lecturer
Joined AAPG 1978, member EMD
- 2004-07 Academic Liaison Committee, chair Student Focus ad hoc Committee
- 1997-2007 Research Committee
- 2004 Hedberg Research Conference, co-convener
- 2001-04 Research Committee, vice chair Distinguished Lecture Committee
- 2000-04 Academic Liaison Committee, member
- 1999-2004 Visiting Geoscientist Program, lecturer Fractured Reservoir School, instructor
- 1999-2002 Bulletin, associate editor
- 1997 AAPG Reservoir Deformation Research Group
AAPG Honors and Awards
- 2007 Certificate of Merit AAPG Award of Excellence, “Top 10” Oral Presentation
- 1999 Jules Braunstein Award Citation of Excellence of Review (Bulletin)
Numerous peer-reviewed publications and presentations on unconventional reservoirs, structural geology, and natural fractures and their effects on hydrocarbon reservoirs.
AAPG Editor Responsibilities as defined by AAPG Bylaws, Article II, Section 8.
The Editor shall have general supervision and final authority in soliciting, accepting, and rejecting all material on technical subjects for publication. The Editor shall have policy oversight and responsibility for editorial content of all technical and peer reviewed publications. With the approval of the Executive Committee, the Editor shall appoint, replace, and reappoint such volunteer associate editors from among the membership of the Association that may be required to accomplish the publication activities of the Association. The Editor shall submit an annual report of editorial activities to the Executive Committee.