Constitution as amended
June 25, 2006
Bylaws as amended
April 22, 2012
Constitution and Bylaws
Bylaws GO TO CONSTITUTION
The Association shall hold at least one (1) stated meeting of its members each year, at a time and place designated by the Executive Committee.
The fiscal year of the Association shall begin on July 1 and end on June 30 of the following calendar year.
The payment of annual dues for any fiscal year entitles the Member (including a Member designated as an Emeritus Member), Student, or Associate to receive without further charge a copy of the Bulletin and the Explorer of the Association for that year.
The annual dues of members shall be payable in advance of the fiscal year in accordance with a schedule to be established annually by the Executive Committee, provided that the dues shall not exceed the sums set forth below:
- Member -- Up to $125
- Member designated an Emeritus Member-- Up to $62.50
- Member designated an Honorary Member-- None
- Student -- Up to $10
- Associate -- Up to $125
The above schedule shall be subject to the following provisos:
- That dues are not refundable;
- That members having previously obtained exemption under the former Life Member category shall not be required to pay dues;
- Students will be reclassified as Associates twenty-four (24) months after termination of academic enrollment.
- There shall be three levels of annual dues for Members and Associates which shall be based on gross annual personal income in United States dollars. The levels are: Level 1 – Annual income greater than $50,000; Level 2 – Annual income greater than $25,000 but not more than $50,000; and Level 3 – Annual income of $25,000 or less. Level 2 dues shall be one-half of Level 1 dues; Level 3 dues shall be one-fourth of Level 1 dues; provided, however, that in no event shall annual dues based on any level of annual income be less than $20.00. A Member or an Associate whose annual income is in Level 2 or Level 3 may, at his or her option, pay dues which correspond with any higher level of annual income. The Executive Committee may provide for access to the Bulletin and the Explorer by different means for persons paying different levels of dues.
- Except as required to initiate the various dues levels as set out in subsection (d) above, that the annual change in dues for Members and Associates cannot exceed twenty percent (20%), and that this annual change is noncumulative; and
- That a penalty to be established annually by the Executive Committee will be levied for each quarter year of delinquency beginning on July 1.
A statement shall be mailed to each Member, (including each Member designated as an Emeritus Member or an Honorary Member), Student, and Associate before July 1 of each year, stating the amount of annual dues.
Any member of whatever classification whose dues are in arrears for more than sixty (60) days and for less than one (1) year shall be suspended from membership in the Association and shall not be entitled to the privileges of membership.
Any member of whatever classification who is more than one (1) year in arrears in payment of dues shall forfeit membership in the Association and the member's name shall be removed from membership rolls.