Candidates for AAPG office have been given the opportunity to respond briefly to the subject: "Why I Accepted the Invitation to be a Candidate for an AAPG Office."
Their responses and biographical information were provided by each candidate and edited only for grammar, spelling and format.
This information will also be provided as hard-copy in the January issue of the EXPLORER and available on the AAPG Web site through the election period. Ballots will be mailed, online in the first quarter of 2011. Results will be posted mid-May 2011.
Candidates were asked to limit their biographies to 350 words and responses to 500 words.
2010-11 Vice President Regions Candidate
David C. Blanchard
Country manager, El Paso Egypt Production Co., Cairo, Egypt
- 1976 B.A., geology, San Francisco State University
- 1982 M.S., geology, thesis unpublished, San Jose State University
- 2007-present Country manager, El Paso Egypt Production Co.
- 1997-2007 GM and managing director, Devon Energy Egypt
- 1982-97 Senior geologist - U.S., Middle East, Asia, South America, Marathon Oil Co.
- 1980-82 U.S. Geological Survey, N.P.R.A., geologist
- 1976-80 Geologic engineer/analyst, Schlumberger
- Joined AAPG 1981
- 2009-12 AAPG Global Events Oversight Committee, member
- 2008-11 Membership Recruitment Committee, chair
- 2010 International Petroleum Technology Conference, Board of Directors member
- 2009 AAPG, International Petroleum Technology Conference, technical co-chair AAPG Geo-Technical-Excellence Workshop, co-chair
- 2008 AAPG Annual Conference & Exhibition, San Antonio, session co-chair
- 2007 International Petroleum Technology Conference, technical co-chair and Executive Committee
- 2005 International Petroleum Technical Conference, Executive Committee AAPG rep Board of Trustees member AAPG, joined 2005
- 2002 AAPG International Conference & Exhibition, Cairo, Egypt, co-vice chair
AAPG Honors and Awards
- 2003 Certificate of Merit
- 2002 Certificate of Appreciation
Several papers and abstracts on Alaska and Middle East