Candidates for AAPG office have been given the opportunity to respond briefly to the subject: "Why I Accepted the Invitation to be a Candidate for an AAPG Office."
Their responses and biographical information were provided by each candidate and edited only for grammar, spelling and format.
This information will also be provided as hard-copy in the January issue of the EXPLORER and available on the AAPG Web site through the election period. Ballots will be mailed, online in the first quarter of 2009. Results will be posted mid-May 2009.
Candidates were asked to limit their biographies to 350 words and responses to 500 words.
2008-09 Secretary Candidate
President, MacKenzie Land & Exploration, Worthington, Ohio
Born 1968, St. Paul, Minn.
- 1994: B.S. geological sciences, Ohio State University
- 2003-present: MacKenzie Land & Exploration, president
- 1993-2003: CGAS Exploration, vice president-geophysics
- 1989-94: Ohio State University, student research assistant (paleo-acid lab manager)
- 1986-88: U.S. Army, Armored Reconnaissance specialist (Cavalry Scout), E-4 Specialist
Joined AAPG 1992, DPA, DEG, EMD member; AAPG Foundation Trustee Associate
- 1992-present: AAPG, Active Member 1997
- 2002-present: Division of Professional Affairs, Certified Petroleum Geologist #5781, Alternate Counselor 2003-2006, Eastern Section Counselor 2006-present
- 2008-present: Geo-DC Board of Governors
- 2007- present: Committee coordinator
- 2001-present: Grants-in-Aid Committee, vice chair 2002-03, chair 2003-07
- 2002-present: Student Chapters Committee
- 2007-present: Academic Liaison Committee
- 2005-06: Student Focus Coordinating ad hoc Committee
- 2002-08: Youth Educational Activities Committee
- 2000-05: Mentor Committee
- 2002-05: HoD Alternate, Ohio Geological Society
Affiliated and Associated Societies and Sections and major offices held
Society of Independent Professional Earth Scientists, director 2007-present; Eastern Section AAPG, president 2005-06, Earth Science Outreach chair 2004-present; Ohio Geological Society, secretary 2003-04; SEPM-Society of Sedimentary Geology; Geological Society of America; Society of Exploration Geophysicists
AAPG Honors and Awards
- 2007: Eastern Section AAPG Distinguished Service Award
- 2006: AAPG Certificate of Merit
- 2004: Eastern Section AAPG Certificate of Merit
- 1998: Eastern Section AAPG Certificate of Merit
Publications include chapter of Guidebook (Iowa Geological Survey) and abstracts for various scientific presentations.