Candidates for AAPG office have been given the opportunity to respond briefly to the subject: "Why I Accepted the Invitation to be a Candidate for an AAPG Office."
Their responses and biographical information were provided by each candidate and edited only for grammar, spelling and format.
This information will also be provided as hard-copy in the January issue of the EXPLORER and available on the AAPG Web site through the election period. Ballots will be mailed, online in the first quarter of 2009. Results will be posted mid-May 2009.
Candidates were asked to limit their biographies to 350 words and responses to 500 words.
2008-09 President-Elect Candidate
David G. Rensink
Senior geological adviser, Apache Corp., Houston
Born 1946, Slayton, Minn.
- 1968: BS geology, University of Minnesota
- 1971: MS, geology, University of Oklahoma
- 1994-present: Apache Corp., senior geological adviser
- 1992-94: Independent/consulting geologist
- 1991-92: Pacific Enterprises Oil Co., offshore exploration manager
- 1988-91: Total Minetome, vice president-offshore
- 1985-88: Texas Gas Exploration/CSX Oil and Gas, vice president-offshore exploration
- 1981-85: Fluor Oil and Gas, vice president/general manager Gulf Coast
- 1977-81: C&K Petroleum, offshore exploration manager
- 1975-77: Ocean Production Co. (ODECO), production geologist
- 1970-75: Shell Oil Co., geological engineer
Joined AAPG 1974.
- 2004-present: Membership Survey Committee chair
- 2006-present: Geophysical Integration Committee member
- 2000-06: AAPG House of Delegates
- 1999-2004: DPA Governmental Affairs Committee member
Affiliated and Associated Societies and Sections and major offices held
Houston Geological Society, president, 2005-06; Treasurer, 1999-2000; State Registration Committee chair, 1995-04; Gulf Coast Association of Geological Societies, general chair 2008 convention; Association of Environmental and Engineering Geologists; American Institute of Professional Geologists; Texas Section president, 1992-93; State Registration Taskforce, 1992-2001 (chair 1994-99); Society of Exploration Geophysicists; Geophysical Society of Houston. Registered Texas Professional Geologist.
AAPG Honors and Awards
- 2007: HGS Honorary Life Membership
- 2003: GCAGS Distinguished Service Award
- 1998: AAPG Public Service Award