- Reservations Due:
- June 3
- Materials Due:
- June 10
Something brand new is coming – both for AAPG and the AAPG Explorer.
The inaugural Unconventional Resources Technology Conference (URTeC), a multi-disciplinary, comprehensive look at this important part of the world's energy picture AND future, is about to be held in Denver – and to mark this significant event, the July AAPG Explorer features a specific URTeC theme.
Special coverage of the meeting itself? Of course.
But even more than that, the July Explorer will look at the industry dynamics, scientific strides and technological advances that are fueling the world's drive to discover and provide unconventional resources. Stories slated for the July Explorer include:
- Geologists, geophysicists and engineers working together: Multi-disciplinary teams are making it happen, and several veterans share their stories and "best practices" about finding success.
- How a new approach to geomechanics is loving serious horizontal drilling problems in troublesome unconventional plays.
- The Tuscaloosa marine shale: The secrets to early success behind this emerging play.
- A 3-D outcrop perspective of an unconventional carbonate reservoir.
Message in a bottle: A look at the successful application of hydraulic fracture stimulation and horizontal well bores to tight unconventional reservoirs. And that's just the start, because the July Explorer also will be offering stories on:
- The recent rise of realized potential for the geothermal industry.
- The beautiful and also significant scientific potential found in the cliffs of England's "Jurassic Coast."
- The important relationship between curvature and fracture intensity.
- The (controversial) origins of the Caribbean.
- A look back at the top moments of the recent AAPG Annual Convention and Exhibition in Pittsburgh.
In other words, this Explorer will have something for everyone to enjoy, to study, to learn from and to keep.
Will your message be there, too?
+1 800 288 7636
(US and Canada only)
+1 918 560 2647
Fax: +1 918 560 2636