+1 800 288 7636
(US and Canada only)
+1 918 560 2647
Fax: +1 918 560 2636
Effective January 2010
Click on format to see an example
|Size||Format||Width/Depth (in.)||Width/Depth (mm)|
|Tab Page||Vertical||10 x 13.5||254 x 342.9|
|3/4 Page||Vertical||7.5 x 13.5||187.325 x 342.9|
|3/4 Page||Square||10 x 10||254 x 254|
|Jr. Page||Vertical||7.5 x 10||187.325 x 254|
|1/2 Page||Vertical||5 x 13.5||127 x 342.9|
|1/2 Page||Horizontal||10 x 6.75||254 x 171.45|
|1/4 Page||Vertical||5 x 6.75||127 x 171.45|
|1/8 Page||Horizontal||5 x 3.375||127 x 85.725|
|1/16 Page||Vertical||2.5 x 3.375||66.5 x 85.725|
- Trim Size
- 10.75 x 15 in.(273.05 x 381 mm)
- Printing Method
- Offset, web press
- Screen Size
- Halftones, 133-line screen or less
- Advertiser's Proofs
- Proofs are required to accompany all ads.
- Typesetting for display ads billed at additional cost.
- Storage and Material
- Electronic files and proofs will be kept for one (1) year, then deleted unless other instructions are received from the advertiser or agency.
- Binding Method
- Single fold, saddle stitch
- Electronic Ad Submittal
- All ads must be submitted electronically.
Mode of Submission:
- Mail or package delivery:
- File compression:
- Stuffit or PKZip self-extracting archives of either Windows or Macintosh operating systems.
File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
FTP is the preferred method of transferring files electronically.
Submitting files as e-mail attachments is discouraged due to the size of the average document. Anything over 20 MB is rejected by AAPG ’s e-mail system. However, if that is the only means of transport available to you, be sure to send a confirming e-mail without attachments. Compressing the file before attaching it to an e-mail will help.
NOTE: In all cases, a hard copy proof of your advertisement is required.
Spreads and Bleed Ads
Gutter bleeds accepted on 1/2-, junior- and tabloid-page spreads with the approval of the publisher.
Spread ad materials must be furnished as one continuous piece.
|Format||Width x Depth|
|Half-page gutter bleed spread||20-5/8 x 6-5/8 in.
523.875 x 168.275 mm
|Junior-page gutter bleed spread||15-3/4 x 10 in.
400.05 x 254 mm
|Tab-page gutter bleed spread||20-5/8 x 13-3/8 in.
523.875 x 339.725 mm