Nick Lagrilliere is currently working as a geologist with Maersk Oil at their head office in Copenhagen, Denmark. He joined the independent in 2008 and has since worked in exploration in the UK and in field development in Denmark.
A graduate from the University of Aberdeen, United Kingdom, he holds an an MSc in Petroleum Geoscience. He also holds a BSc in Geology from the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, which he started after having been converted from engineering.
Nick participated in the second edition of the Imperial Barrel Award in San Antonio, Texas, and was the president of the University of Aberdeen's AAPG Student Chapter. He then moved on to chair the AAPG European Region's Students and Young Professionals Committee.
His greatest passion is travel, having explored South America for a few months after graduation and having previously travelled around Europe, North Africa and North America.
- 2008: M.Sc. Petroleum Geoscience, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
- 2007: B.Sc. Geology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Flanders, Belgium
Maersk Oil, Houston, Texas, USA
- 2015-Present: Maersk Oil, Geologist, Houston, Texas, USA
- 2010-15: Maersk Oil, Geologist, Copenhagen, Denmark
- 2008-09: Maersk Oil, Geologist, Aberdeen, UK