GIS Publications Committee
The GIS Publications committee and Datapages, under the leadership of the Elected Editor and Geoscience Director, solicit and evaluate proposals for publications, recommend standards for format and quality, and ensure quality and rigor through peer review.
- Improve quality of GIS publications by soliciting many proposals and increasing selectivity from among these.
- Manage expectations for acquiring and publishing GIS material. Develop and implement standards for quality and for technical review.
- Create a global network of GIS committee members and collaborators from industry, academia, and geological surveys.
- Partner with the print-focused Publications Committee to produce joint print and GIS projects whenever practical.
- Contribute to the management of consortium funds by providing two AAPG GIS Committee representatives to sit on the OSU-AAPG Consortium Advisory Board; high-grade Datapages and GIS Publications Committee project funding proposals and liaise with the OSU consortium cartography department to ensure production of high quality and timely results.