AAPG’s three Divisions all will have special luncheons on Tuesday, April 13, during the AAPG Annual Convention and Exhibition in New Orleans – two of them meeting jointly.
The Division luncheons join the All-Convention and PROWESS events that also will be offered during the meeting.
All Division luncheons start at 11:30 a.m., and will be held in the La Nouvelle Orleans Ballroom of the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. They are:
♦The EMD-DEG luncheon will feature John A. Grant III, geologist for the Center for Earth and Planetary Studies at the Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum.
Grant, also a member of the Science Team for the Mars Exploration Rovers, will talk on “Exploring Mars From the Ground Up: Results from the Mars Exploration Rovers and the HiRISE Camera on the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.
♦The DPA luncheon will feature six panelists who will discuss issues affecting DPA, AAPG, the profession and the general public. The panelists are:
- David Curtiss, director of AAPG’s Geoscience and Energy Office in Washington, D.C.
- John Dolson, director of DSP Geosciences and Associates, Coconut Grove, Fla., and a former vice president of AAPG.
- Lynn N. Hughes, a federal judge in Houston and AAPG’s current Distinguished Lecturer on Ethics.
- Peter R. Rose, senior associate with Rose & Associates in Austin, Texas, and a former president of AAPG.
- M. Ray Thomasson, founder and owner of Thomasson Partner Associates, Denver, and a former president of AAPG.
- Scott Tinker, director of the Bureau of Economic Geology and the state geologist of Texas, Austin, and the immediate past president of AAPG.