Online registration continues to be open – and savings are available – for this year’s AAPG Annual Convention and Exhibition, which will be held April 22-25 in Long Beach, Calif.
Those who register before April 2 can save up to $100 off the full registration fee.
The ACE theme is “Directing the Future of E&P: Starring Creative Ideas and New Technology,” and more than 400 papers and 700 posters will be offered, covering the latest in science, exploration and industry trends from around the world.
Also featured will be five special forum events, including this year’s presentation of the Discovery Thinking program – recognizing five more geologists who join the “100 Who Made A Difference” list – and the annual Michel T. Halbouty Lecture, this year featuring John Grotzinger, Jones Professor of Geology at the California Institute of Technology and chief scientist for the Mars Science Laboratory, who will discuss the search for source rocks on Mars.
This year’s technical program is set on 11 themes:
- Active Oil and Gas Fields – Development and Production.
- Emerging Frontiers.
- Siliciclastic Reservoirs – Exploration and Characterization.
- Carbonates and Evaporites – Exploration and Characterization.
- Unconventional Resources.
- Basin Analysis and Petroleum Systems.
- Alternative Energy.
- Environmental and Energy Research.
- Structural Geology and Neotectonics.
- Geophysics and Seismology.
- Geoscience Principles and Applications.
- Student Poster Sessions.